On July 29, 2021, NCDHHS Secretary Mandy Cohen M.D. approved the Transition, Consolidation, and Dissolution Agreement (the Agreement) to consolidate Cardinal Innovations and Vaya Health, with Vaya Health remaining as the surviving entity. While the Agreement stated that the consolidation would be completed no later than April 1, 2022, Cardinal Innovations and Vaya Health agreed that the consolidation will occur on Jan 1, 2022.
DHHS continues to work with the counties in the Cardinal region to support their decision to align with Vaya Health or realign with a different LME/MCO. The following outlines when counties will transition from Cardinal to one of the remaining six LME/MCOs.
- Forsyth and Davie counties transition to Partners Health Management on Nov. 1, 2021.
- Orange and Mecklenburg counties will transition to Alliance Health on Dec. 1, 2021.
- Warren County transitions to Eastpointe on Dec. 1, 2021.
- Halifax County transitions to Trillium Health Resources on Dec. 1, 2021.
- Davidson and Rockingham counties transition to Sandhills Center on Dec. 1, 2021.
- Alamance, Caswell, Chatham, Franklin, Granville, Person, Rowan, Stokes and Vance counties will transition to Vaya effective Jan. 1, 2022.
Please see the fact sheet DHHS Announces Updates for County Realignments to New LME/MCOs for more information.
Going from supporting only Cardinal members to possibly having six unique LME/MCOs, the need for integrated technology is more important now than ever. With OnTarget you can manage all of your clients in one place and bill to all six LME/MCOs from one system. Our integrated platform allows you to generate electronic billing for any North Carolina payer directly from your progress notes. Claims and remittance are automated. Rebills are executed in OnTarget as well, helping to ensure your collections are clean and your billing is accurate.
To learn more about OnTarget, request a demo here.